[HOT] JOSM plugin / Replace geometry

Andrew Buck andrew.r.buck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:59:21 UTC 2020

There's actually already a plug-in that does this.  It used the Java
conflation suite to make matches and then each match was combined by
automatically calling the replace geometry tool.  It was a bit finicky and
kind of hard to learn how to use, but it did work.

Here is the wiki page for it.  I don't know if it still works or died from
bit rot, but last time I used it it worked fine.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/Conflation

Keep in mind any import guidelines if you do use it, etc.  In my case I was
using it to apply nodes I created myself in JOSM to existing data as the
work flow was just easier, making it not an import, just a different
editing workflow.