[HOT] Verification of total contributors in a Specific HOT Task Mapped Project./Missing Maps

Victor Sunday victor.sunday at uniport.edu.ng
Thu Jun 18 02:47:03 UTC 2020

Dear All,
I hope this email finds you well and you are staying safe!
Would you kindly help me to understand this issue about  contributors for a
specific HOT Task project as listed below:
Using one of the task am working on : https://tasks.hotosm.org/projects/7909

>From the dashboard it shows a total of 588 contributors
On the project description we have a total of 225 contributors
The task was grided into 500 cells.

I can understand that the contribution progress bar reads for both progress
in Mapping and validation ,as such,the bar does not read 100% except when
both mapping and Validation are completely done at the same time.
However,checking the same task on the Missing Maps Leaders board
http://www.missingmaps.org/leaderboards/#/hotosm-project-7909

We have 446 Contributors listed with zero contributions from 2 leaving us
with 444 as actual contributors.

Please,how do I justify these figures ,when ,looking at the actual
contributors on a specific task for research purposes and project
evaluation?

Which is the best platform for evaluation  of contributors metrics to a
specific project?

Looking forward to your response and helpful resources.

Best regards
Victor N.Sunday