[HOT] COVID-19 - How you can help

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Mar 17 15:52:31 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 2020-03-17 16:47, yo paseopor wrote:
> "Nothing is urgent here. Nobody will suddenly suffer because a pharmacy
> is missing from OSM. You are just making up an urgent task because you
> sit at home with nothing else to do." said by Frederik Ramm to an
> Openstreetmap volunteer who is confined at home due to #COVID19
> completing pharmacies in a zone, yesterday.
>
> Is this the way to promote HOT tasks or promote local mapping in OSM. I
> don't think so.

You didn't promote local mapping, you promoted an import that has
meanwhile turned out to be a massive copyright violation because you
decided to act first and ask questions later - which is exactly the kind
of "help" that I am advocating against. I don't doubt your good
intentions, but I am certain that every single person in the
humanitarian sector knows that good intentions alone aren't sufficient.

Bye
Frederik