[HOT] ATTENTION: archiving Tasking Manager projects created before 2020

Chad Blevins chadablevins at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 17:56:27 UTC 2021

Dear HOT community,

The data quality working group is actively cleaning up and archiving old
projects on the Tasking Manager. There are currently ~ 1,300 active
projects, some of which were created in TM V2 and are missing core guidance
necessary to create quality data. We have noticed several issues with old
projects such as links to outdated imagery, mapping guidance that is no
longer relevant, and several projects with incomplete or missing guidance
as they were created before we really understood the impact that has on
data quality. In some cases, there are concurrent projects in the same area.

We already archived everything that was 100% mapped and validated, thank
you for the hard work in completing those projects. Our next step is
to *archive
all projects that were created before January 2020*. If you are actively
working on a project created before this date, please post a message in the
“quality-control_wg” Slack or email dataquality at hotosm.org *before
September 1st, 2021 *with the project number and a brief description of why
the project should remain active. For older projects the data WG will help
review existing guidance and fill in or update any missing information with
you. We are archiving these projects not deleting them which means you can
reactivate old projects at any time.

Thanks again for your commitment to openstreetmap and the humanitarian
mapping community.

Kind regards,

Chad