[HOT] Fwd: Data for resilience event mini-grants at Open Data Day 2021 (+ Women's Month Event)

Arnalie Vicario arnalie.vicario at hotosm.org
Wed Feb 3 03:37:42 UTC 2021

Thanks for sending this Tyler!

We just applied for this grant! Hopefully we'll be granted, if not, will
still push through with our event :)

With this, I want to share our upcoming event:

Geoladies PH, in partnership with Mapbeks (LGBT mapping community) and OSM
Philippines will be heading an event on March 6 which will be an Open Data
Day x Women's Month Event.

Tentative project name: *MAPAbabae: #ChooseToChallenge Gender Inequality in
Open Mapping*

Background:
1. MAPAbabae is a fusion of map (mapa) and woman (babae), meaning "map a
woman" or "women as one"
2. #ChooseToChallenge is the women's days them for 2021 (very timely)

We'd like to share our draft program and objectives
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FccX7jfFh2SZ3tLYG6cTldmwNz5YcHzWvr0voREnQS0/edit>
to ask for recommendations, and also for collaboration, feel free to
replicate the event in your countries if you want to!

2. Lightning talk from women who lead in map
3. Swags for participants (eg internet allowance and meal sponsorship)

Thanks and open for feedback!

bumabati (regards),
Arnalie

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 7:10 AM Tyler Radford <tyler.radford at hotosm.org>
wrote:

> *Tyler Radford*
> Executive Director
> tyler.radford at hotosm.org
> @TylerSRadford
>
> *Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team*
> *Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development*
> web <http://hotosm.org/> | twitter <https://twitter.com/hotosm> | facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/hotosm> | donate <https://hotosm.org/donate>

*Arnalie Vicario*
Online Community Engagement Lead
OSM / Telegram / Twitter: *@arnalielsewhere*
Whatsapp / Phone number: +63 936 327 4872
Timezone: UTC +08:00 (Manila, Philippines)
*Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team*
<https://www.facebook.com/hotosm> | donate <https://donate.hotosm.org/>