[HOT] Trunks in Highway Tag Africa

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Tue Jan 26 09:50:58 UTC 2021

On 1/25/21 4:40 PM, Pierre BĂ©land via HOT wrote:
> So, I would like to propose changing the definition in [1] to
> something like what the English wiki says: "The most important roads
> in a country's system that are not motorways." Possibly adding that
> these are generally the main routes between very large cities. What do
> you think?

This feels wrong to me - my idea of trunk has a lot to do with separated
directions, somewhere between a primary and a motorway.

With primary currently being the top of the topological hierarchy, what
objective criteria would differentiate it from trunk if trunk becomes
defined as "even more important than primary" ?