[Imports-us] Update for Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Thomas Colson thomas_colson at nps.gov
Thu Apr 25 14:35:53 UTC 2013

Great Smoky Mountains National Park is planning to update its core base
data. We have identified many inconsistencies in online location-based data
which often results in hazardous navigation scenarios for park visitors
(e.g. travel on a closed trail, wrong way on road, etc.) and plan to slowly
migrate our latest data collection to the public domain. In addition, we are
including many new Points of Interest and other man-made features not
presently included in the park OSM footprint.

Initial planning and announcement to the OSM community is here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Great_Smoky_Mountains_National_Park