[Imports-us] Finalizing DC building + address import

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Aug 5 05:20:05 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:

> I've put together here a proposal to finalize the stalled DC building +
> address import.
>
> - Please review proposal below [1] and post feedback here.
> - I hope to discuss any open items at import hangout Monday night (is
> there one scheduled?)
> - I hope to do first test imports on Saturday at the DC OSM Birthday
> sprint [2].

The osm files, buildings and address for the one section looked good. It
appears that most of the buildings and address are already mapped.
The only suggestion is to expand the street direction. The tag addr:street
shows an abbreviation for the suffix direction, NW. Using Paul Norman's
translation table can fix that.

Good luck,
--
Clifford