[Imports-us] A proposal for handling the tiger realignment

Brian May bmay at mapwise.com
Tue Aug 13 23:45:59 UTC 2013

On 8/10/2013 4:39 PM, Eric Fischer wrote:
> I think you're right that in areas where people are willing to do
> manual review, it should be very aggressive about picking up
> absolutely everything that can be picked up and letting the reviewer
> fix the parts that are wrong. (But if JOSM isn't a good tool for that
> kind of review, what is?)

Eric,

I checked some areas in Citrus County FL which still has a lot of bad
tiger and noticed many areas where the code did not provide updated
nodes and ways, but had major tiger 2010 improvements and no one
touching the original OSM ways/nodes, except for a bot. Example
location: 28.76355, -82.5346.

Your thoughts?

Brian