[Imports-us] Automated Edit Proposal, remove area=yes, and fix broken source tag in US Massachusetts

Lars Ahlzen lars at ahlzen.com
Wed Aug 14 23:04:59 UTC 2013

On 08/13/2013 07:46 PM, Jason Remillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would anybody object to just killing the source tag, and putting it on
> the changeset like would be done if it was a current import.

I think this would be the best solution. Getting any metadata tags off
objects makes it easier to edit the map, and probably less
confusing/intimidating for new mappers.

> To give people an idea of the scale of the over tagging issue in MA.
> Removing just the import and attribution tags on all of the road nodes
> will save about 300 megs from snapshot db size.  This is not part of
> this first step, but is something that eventually, we would like to
> do. We have 3,329,462 of these.

There's a lot of junk in there indeed. Doing a fair amount of mapping in
MA myself, I appreciate the effort to try to clean up the mess.

- Lars