[Imports-us] NJ Landuse import (NJ2002LULC)

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Wed Aug 21 16:50:22 UTC 2013

> The 2012 Land Use is not yet available but it is in process and the
> estimated delivery date that I've received from our state GIO is mid-2014.
> I would be more than happy to work with other interested mappers on the
> 2007 land use data and develop a plan to replace the existing 2002 data
> with the 2012 once it is available.

This would seem to me to be the best option, though I think it would be good to first do a bulk edit that changes landuse=scrub to natural=scrub.

Working through this list to make the updates happen will avoid some of the issues those arose with the 2002 data.  If we can do it in a way that is automatable for the 2007 data, that would probably translate relatively easily into the 2012 data when it comes out.

I would think it would be easy enough to do an extract and compare of the data currently in OSM with the 2007 data and the 2007 CIR photos and Bing imagery  to see if there are areas that require manual attention.

Darrell