[Imports-us] NJ Landuse import (NJ2002LULC)

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 17:52:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

We should probably separate the discussion on general issues related
to land use import in OSM (intense relations, accuracy, does it make
sense for it to be in OSM, etc, etc) and what to do with the current
NJ data. We have some small land use imports in cape cod, that share
many of the technical issues you mentioned. Also, the land use import
that was on the lists a couple of months ago in Japan, was a much the
same.

I am not sure we know how to do a good land use import right now.

If somebody is willing to give another go at the import, I think it
would be an easy decision to remove the data and we could work hard on
trying again.

If nobody wants to take another swing at it, then its harder. Clearly,
there are OSM'ers that want the data in the map, I think killing it
wholesale because it is land use data is probably not a good idea. If
the technical issues go beyond the normal land use import issues, then
I think it would be ok to remove it.

Thanks
Jason