[Imports-us] proposed import of National Hydrography Dataset for parts of Oklahoma (and adjacent states)

Dufe Dufekin dufekin at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 22 05:26:47 UTC 2013

I propose to import National Hydrogaphy Dataset for a series of basins in Oklahoma, beginning in the Panhandle area.  This area now lacks any significant hydrography.  I have downloaded the dataset for one subbasin (Lower Beaver basin 11100201), converted it from shapefile to OSM format, and examined it in JOSM.  This dataset seemingly duplicate faithfully the features of USGS topographic maps and correspond relatively well to features visible in aerial photography.

To avoid