[Imports-us] NPS/GRSM Import: OSM file for review/comment

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Aug 28 00:48:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 5:38 AM, Thomas Colson <thomas_colson at nps.gov> wrote:
> Some time ago, there was  lengthy thread on the whole “official
> name” issue. We agreed to use official name, and at import time, would use
> name and official name with the same “name”. OSM mappers/park visitors are
> encouraged to update/modify the name tag with “local” or alternative/short
> name. We have used some alt names, such as for the back country campsites.

official_name= is fine, but name= should really be what people see on the ground
(either nothing, or a short form like "Loop A" or "Sites 86-99").

> >  Cades Cove Campground and Shelter: Toilets at the corners of their
> buildings.
>
> 10.  Not seeing this…? I did find some random nodes tagged “source=NPS”
> (fixed). We initially tagged building nodes with amenity, this should have
> been resolved.

The new dataset is like the old ones, with toilets at the corner of
their building outlines.
For example:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?way=222398815#map=19/35.65758/-83.58243