[Imports-us] Union County Georgia Building Footprints

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Dec 2 04:29:34 UTC 2013

Going from the general issues with PD back to the specific case here, I'd
suggest that they provide a statement that the data is public domain and has
no restrictions placed on it. When a government goes on record as saying
that a particular dataset is public domain, we generally have taken them at
their word, as they're the ones best positioned to understand their specific
legal situation. For an individual, I'd be more reluctant and want something
like CC0, or for jurisdictions with database rights, PDDL.

As Richard commented, we really need to see some sample data to spot
problems. Could you upload a sample .osm file somewhere (web host, dropbox,
etc)?