[Imports-us] [Talk-us-nps] National Park Service Import Feedback

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 20:07:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

The name wiki seems clear.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:official_name

The "official_name" name should be used for the full E911 name. When
you render the NPS tiles, use the official_name tag first. Also import
the official name as "name". You don't have the actual signage in your
database, it is the best you can do. If an OSM'er goes camping, and
fixes name to match the actual sign, everything is still correct per
OSM policy and your NPS tiles don't break since you don't care about
what the name tag says. Since NPS is the authoritative source for the
"offical_name", it would be incorrect to change it from what you
imported.

Thanks
Jason.