[Imports-us] USNPS, Great Smoky Mountains Bulk Import In Progress

Thomas Colson thomas_colson at nps.gov
Sun May 19 18:57:01 UTC 2013

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-us/2013-April/010698.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Serge Wroclawski [mailto:emacsen at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:40 PM
To: Thomas Colson
Cc: Akella, Mamata; imports-us at openstreetmap.org; nate_irwin at nps.gov
Subject: Re: [Imports-us] USNPS, Great Smoky Mountains Bulk Import In
Progress

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Thomas Colson <thomas_colson at nps.gov>
wrote:
> We have completed "seeding" a portion of Great Smoky Mountains
> National Park OSM data this weekend.

When you say "seeded", what do you mean?

What data are you "seeding" and where does it come from?

Where is your Wiki page on the import?

What steps have you taken for community review or collaboration?

> Nate and Mamata will be presenting our work at State of the Map in a
> few weeks, and will incorporate feedback into the remainder of the park
import.

> Changesets are linked on the GRSM Wiki Page.

Where is this wiki page, and why is this import only being announced for
review after it's been started?

If my tone sounds hostile, I'm sorry, but I'm a bit frustrated about imports
that are done, then announced, and this is the third I've heard about this
weekend, and this isn't how imports are supposed to be done, not in the
project as a whole, but especially not in the US.

- Serge