[Imports-us] Florida Water from Land Cover Import

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri May 31 05:53:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM, Brian May <bmay at mapwise.com> wrote:

> So, the next steps are to further flesh out the wiki page detailing the
> process, provide some sample OSM files for review, and discuss with the US
> OSM community before we do any more importing. We would also welcome any
> others who have an interest in helping out with the effort.

I suspect that some of the data you will be importing will contain
multipolygons. Copy and paste didn't work for me in JOSM. The relationship
portion of the multipolygon doesn't get copied to the data layer. You'll
need to add a step in your work process to fix them. The good news is that
the validator catches the problem.

In Seattle we put out a call to the local mappers looking for help on our
import. We conducted JOSM training sessions and divided up the work. It is
a good way to build a stronger community. People learn new tools and become
more active. Ideally people would import in areas they are
most familiar with.

Good luck.

--
Clifford