[Imports-us] OSM US Import Document Draft

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 01:45:38 UTC 2013

Randal,

I strongly dislike wikis for discussion because the discussion is
split between the group and those on the wiki. If we keep everything
on the list, we keep not only the text, but the discussion, which is
even more important.

I sent the draft in plain text markdown, which is the format that the
OSM US Board will want when they post it to the website. The nice part
about that is that we can also use the normal in-line reply style to
address a specific issue or wording.

Regarding length messages or frequency of messages, this group
averages 36 mails a month, compared to 195 messages per month on
talk-us during the same period. But if that's too frequent, someone
can set your list preferences to get a daily digest, or even read the
list on gmane (http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.openstreetmap.region.us.imports),
and they can subscribe and set themselves to no mail, which would let
them read it via gmane and then post when they need to, so we have a
number of ways to address people's concerns if the number of mails is
too frequent.

- Serge