[Imports-us] OSM US Import Document Draft

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Nov 5 06:42:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 11/05/2013 01:58 AM, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:
>> What is this "OSM community" you keep talking about?
>
> To my mind, the OSM Community is anyone who wants to be part of it.
> The OSM Community and GIS Community is a false dichotomy.
>
> At best, one should say "OSM community members who come from a GIS
> background".

Yes. OSM certainly welcomes new community members from a GIS background.
- I'd go so far as to say that anyone who feels that they are an OSM
community member, is one.

Whereas someone who, when asked whether he's a member of the OSM
community, says: "Not really, but I'm giving them some data", isn't ;)

Bye
Frederik