[Imports-us] OSM US Import Document Draft

Carol Kraemer cakraemer at northrivergeographic.com
Tue Nov 5 13:51:08 UTC 2013

Frederik,

Your response is hitting closer to what I am wanting to understand about
OSM. As I saw in another email, you are part of the OSMF and the DWG so I
consider the opinion you share here as important, as an official
representative of this organization, to the overall culture of OSM. You
sharing your definitions of what you consider an OSM community member, or
contributor, is insightful and helpful. If this *is* the official stance of
OSM, this definitely should be stated clearly on the OSM wiki.

Let me understand correctly, you say that anyone who would consider
themselves an OSM member to be a member, except for those who simply supply
data? Full stop.

This means that you don't see the people you are coordinating with to get
the data as a member/supporter of OSM? For example, a real life one, if I
work with my local government agencies and get them excited about OSM and
potentially get them using OSM maps to better connect with other areas of
our local community, even if they don't necessary create the data using OSM
editing tools but *did* create the data, is not considered a member of OSM?

-Carol

Carol Kraemer
North River Geographic Systems, Inc
http://www.northrivergeographic.com