[Imports-us] Problems with the NYC building import

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Mon Nov 25 20:57:56 UTC 2013

Quick intro: working closely w/ Serge Wroclawski, Liz Barry and Eric
Brelsford I've initiated the NYC building + address import. After a test
import, a first community session and a series of initial conversion and
upload problems we've restarted the import.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> However, in the past 24 hours alone we had four different users
> uploading much more data than could conceivably be checked with the
> diligence required.

I'll reach out to you off list to get a list of user accounts in question.
The most effective way in securing quality I found was to point out
specific problems we'd like to have fixed to participants.

I've already reviewed changesets, and reached out to some users who've been
committing high volume and emphasized that we're interested in high
quality, fully reviewed and fixed updates.

If you're working on the NYC import,

A) please review closely what you upload
B) do your best to fix existing problems

The tasking manager has details on this.

> It is possible that existing documentation needs a couple fat red
> banners explaining that this is *not* an "who's the fastest JOSM button
> clicker" contest.

I've improved the OSM tasking manager on Saturday after first concerns
arose, interested in improving this more.