[Imports-us] NYC building + address import

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Tue Sep 17 13:12:02 UTC 2013

Hey Serge -

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex, is there a reason you think it's better if people do it?

Going auto will take significant work (essentially building the script that
determines that there's no building in a given area) and I'm not keen on
committing this without really _knowing_ we need it.

What's going to be a lot of work will be the areas where there's real
overlap with existing OSM data, that's where an upload script won't help us
anyway. I'm not at all worried about the manual upload in areas where there
are no buildings in OSM, this will be fast.

If it turns out this assumption is wrong we can still add an auto upload,
but until then I'm not sure why we're worrying about this at the review
stage.

Cheers -

Alex