[Imports-us] The "other" imports list

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:49:44 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

It came up in the last meeting that there's a bit of confusion around
this list and the main imports list.

That confusion is understandable, so I'm hoping this mail will clear things up.

When an import happens, it needs to be vetted by the imports at osm list.
This list is where the larger OSM import community can look at the
import and provide feedback. Only once there is general consensus of
an import on that list, can an import go through.

The purpose of this group, and this list, is to provide a bit of a
smaller community, with similar issues, ideology and goals. This is a
place where an idea for an import can be discussed and more help can
be given when needed- and hopefully that help will also be in a bit
friendlier form.

So when you've gone through the work here, going through the larger
community should be a breeze, because lots of eyes have gone into the
proposal (and maybe code).

But this list doesn't supersede that list, and maybe I haven't done a
great job in explaining that.

If folks have any questions, please, please let me know, on the list,
so we can clear them up.

- Serge