[Imports-us] Small import of parks, Bend OR

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Apr 20 21:57:33 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Beej Jorgensen <beej at beej.us> wrote:

> This is probably a pretty small one to go through the proper channels, but
> it's more than a few hundred nodes, so here we are.
>
> Import information (including a candidate OSM file) is here:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bend_Parks_Import_Plan
>
> I've also added an entry here:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue#One-Time_Imports
>
> Thoughts? Suggestions?

Two suggestions:
1.) I would use JOSM's simplify way tool You should be able to greatly
simplify the polygon curves.
2.) Remove the bend parks tags. Some might be able to be converted to osm
tags, for example, off-lease. Is there a osm tag? Also, addr:full needs to
be expanded. For example, the multipolygon for Shevlin Parks has an address
18920 Shevlin Rd. You might even consider parsing the address to
addr:housenumber, addr:street, addr:city.

My thought is these park outlines will be a great addition.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us