[Imports-us] Small import of parks, Bend OR

Beej Jorgensen beej at beej.us
Mon Apr 21 08:16:33 UTC 2014

Firstly, thanks for the feedback.

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us>wrote:

> Two suggestions:
> 1.) I would use JOSM's simplify way tool You should be able to greatly
> simplify the polygon curves.

I look at that before, but the results were too rough for my tastes. ...
but then I discovered you could set the threshold in the advanced settings.
:) So I'll put that to good use.

> 2.) Remove the bend parks tags. Some might be able to be converted to osm
> tags, for example, off-lease. Is there a osm tag?

I looked specifically for that, but didn't find it. There's a "dog park"
tag, but that's not really the same. Same with the other park tags. Some
tags do exist, but need spatial information, e.g. bathroom yes/no,
playground yes/no.

But I'll just drop those tags.

> Also, addr:full needs to be expanded. For example, the multipolygon for
> Shevlin Parks has an address 18920 Shevlin Rd. You might even consider
> parsing the address to addr:housenumber, addr:street, addr:city.

Many of these are problematic, for example:

Century Dr and Mammoth Dr
Brentwood
1155 SW Blakely
River Rim Dr and Creekstone
Ferguson & 15th on COID Canal
Shevlin Park Rd/Shevlin Park
Pine Dr and Snowbrush Dr
Airpark Drive/Larkspur Trail
Empire and Brookstone Ln
Purcell and Empire
Division and 3rd St
Hollygrape St and Brookswood Blvd
Hurita and Rigel
Knott Rd/27th
Pilot Butte State Park
Mt Washington Drive/Deschutes River

It's likely just a manual task to put them in the proper fields. So I'll
just leave them out for now.

Updated links:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bend_Parks_Import_Plan

http://beej.us/osm/bend_parks_import/bprd_parks_2014_import_v2.osm