[Imports-us] Restarting NYC building and address imports
alex at mapbox.com
Tue Feb 18 04:25:08 UTC 2014
## Summary of NYC building footprint import
Conversation on imports-us hangout  tonight went well. We're ready to
start again. I'm summarizing our conversation here and at the same time
updating the imports list for consideration.
- All conversion issues discovered in latest review round have been
addressed  
- Almost all issues in data already updated to OSM have been addressed and
there is a plan for the ones that haven't been updated yet 
- All data has been reexported
- The import has been restructured from a community import with import
sessions on the ground to a smaller group of volunteer mappers and folks
from the mapbox team running the uploads. This makes coordination easier
and makes it easier to ensure proper introduction to a quite complex task.
- We have beefed up documentation and added a common issues section
https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/wiki - the documentation is linked
from the tasking server
- Participating mappers are listed on the wiki, get in touch if you'd like
to participate https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/wiki
- We plan to start first test imports of 10 voting districts by Friday if
no further blockers arise.
- Until then we will review 5 percentage points more of the data that's
already uploaded (get up to 355 validated districts from 239)
- Provided no issues arise, we will pick up import again in the week of the
Looking forward to your comments / feedback.
Imports-us group: please add if I'm missing anything from my summary.
 Present: Ian Dees, Richard Welty, Serge Wroclawski, Paul Norman, Toby
Murray, Clifford Snow, Saikrishna Arcot, Aaron Lidman, Alex Barth
/cc imports list
On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:
> Aaron Lidman, Nick Ingalls and myself worked over the past couple of weeks
> to address open issues w/ the NYC building and address import.
> Full issue list: https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/issues/88
> - At this point, all conversion issues are addressed
> - Existing data issues are addressed with very few exceptions.
> - In the last hangout we decided that a fully community based import is
> not suitable and there were misunderstandings. We'll switch to a mode where
> we do the import with a handful of registered participants this we can make
> sure each participant is trained properly. Everyone is welcome.
> We're at a good place to restart and would love to get a review here.
> Paul's list is a good agenda
> Is there an imports-us hangout tomorrow Monday / 17th 7PM? If so, I'd be
> ready to discuss. I can also do another day if that works better for
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Imports-us