[Imports-us] Portland Metro Area Building Import

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 13:27:13 UTC 2014

Rafa,

Thanks for this writeup. I haven't dug into the data yet but I think
this is a really nice plan. It's very comprehensive and clean and
covers an enormous amount of detail. I like that that there seems to
be a broad coalition of users behind it, etc.

I have a few questions about the proposal (and I haven't dug into the
data yet, as I mentioned):

1. The main thing that gives me some pause is the data being available
under the ODbL.

While OSM data is currently available under the ODbL 1.0, we may find
ourselves in a situation where this changes (in fact this is a near
certainty) and I'm concerned that at this point, we would need to rip
out ODbL datasets out of OSM /and or/ that the importers would not be
able to agree to the CT which grants the OSMF permission to change the
terms.

2. Import Plan Phase 2

How will you differentiate between what is a Phase 2 section and what
is Phase 1? Is there a process defined for this?

3. Maintenance

You mention organizations which will help. What is the mechanical
process you suggest for helping mappers perform this?

Overall this looks good so far, so let's see if we can hammer out
these issues before the formal proposal.

- Serge