[Imports-us] Portland Metro Area Building Import

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Nov 20 08:07:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 11/20/2014 02:37 AM, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:
> Adding buildings and addresses is easy, and is essentially no
> different from what we’re proposing here.

Careful there though. If you plan to compare a new source data set to
the previous source data set, find out which buildings were added in the
source, and add them to OSM then that will work. What you cannot
(easily) do is simply take the source data set and compare it to OSM to
find out which buildings should be added - because that would mean you'd
re-add a building deleted in OSM every time you run an update.

Bye
Frederik