[Imports-us] [Imports] City of Poquoson, Virginia Imports

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Dec 9 16:28:43 UTC 2015

Jonah,
The .osm file looks good.

A couple of comments.
1. Some of the sheds looks more like garages but I've never been there.
>From aerial imagery, if there is a driveway up to the building, it's more
likely to be a garage. Again, I've never been there.

2. Not all apartment buildings have an addr:housenumbers. Specifically look
around Charles Parish Drive and Bells Cove Drive. A couple of the buildings
have a housenumber but most don't. I'd suggest a visit to grab the numbers
before importing. One possibility is that a group of buildings use the same
address with different building lettering.

I'd recommend using the JOSM address validator map paint style to spot
addresses that may have the wrong street.

Good luck with your import.

Clifford

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 6:08 AM, Jonah Adkins <jonahadkins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey OSM-ers.
>
> I'd like to propose an import of city-sourced GIS data for the City of
> Poquoson, Va.
> The City Assessor has given the data / license for this purpose.
>
> Very small, mostly residential area
>
> 6,075 Total Buildings
> 4,165 Buildings (!= shed) with Addresses - 95% !!
>
> Conflation will be done by hand, attributes copied where needed.
>
> i've added the osm data in the github repo that has attributes mapped.
> Github -> https://github.com/jonahadkins/poquoson-OSM-imports
> Wiki ->
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/City_of_Poquoson_Buildings/Address_Import
>
> --