[Imports-us] Hampton, Virginia imports

Jonah Adkins jonahadkins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 14:49:59 UTC 2015

Hey OSM-ers.

I'd like to propose an import of city-sourced GIS data for the City of Hampton, Va.
The City GIS Office has given the data / license for this purpose.

There were only 5 building-type attributes in the source data, so i’ve done some amenity classifying based on the structure name (schools/churches,etc). All residential was attributed the same, so I will attempt to split out houses & apartments based on building square footage.

59k Total Buildings
43k Buildings Addressed - 73% !!

Conflation will be done carefully by hand, and attributes copied where needed.
Github -> https://github.com/jonahadkins/hampton-OSM-imports <https://github.com/jonahadkins/hampton-OSM-imports>
Wiki -> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/City_of_Hampton_Buildings/Address_Import <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/City_of_Hampton_Buildings/Address_Import>
This message has been cross-posted in Talk-US, Imports-US, & Imports.
Thanks
-jonah