[Imports-us] [Imports] fleet manager speed reports

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Wed Mar 4 21:24:41 UTC 2015

I am working with Mapillary to integrate more tightly with MapRoulette (to
display close by Mapillary images on the map for example) so that may work
very well with the speed report challenge Richard just posted.

I would be interested if someone would want to help out with this. I would
think this is all client-side (JS / React) coding.
Opened an issue https://github.com/osmlab/maproulette/issues/329 - I would
welcome contributions warmly!

Martijn

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com> wrote:

> In my work with a different fleet management firm, the questions of speed
> limit are often resolved through use of a forward facing driver camera.
> The video from the same camera is used to resolve other alerts (fast
> stops/starts, tight turns, bumps, backing up (a highly restricted activity
> in certain vehicle classes)).
>
> Is video from the vehicle, or Mapillary photos, applicable here?
>
> ----
>
> Note that speed limits can be complicated.
>
> I have a road here that's hardly signed at all, but legally 35mph.
> Periodically along this are school zones signed 25Mph "when children are
> present",
> and 25Mph zones for specific intersections near senior centers.  The cross
> streets are
> 25Mph for 500 feet on either side of the schools, all the time.  Average
> speed is of
> course north of the limit everywhere.

Martijn van Exel
skype: mvexel