[Imports-us] Leveraging MassGIS L3 Parcel files for assisting in manual address merging

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed May 27 06:18:19 UTC 2015

Yeah, that's not an import. You're just using a source of data to help
you edit OSM by hand. It's no different than downloading GPS tracks
out of OSM into JOSM to help you edit. That's how I added all the
lakes and ponds in NYS. I downloaded a database that had a list of the
lakes and ponds. I used the JOSM remote control to position myself to
the location of each of them, one by one. Then I digitized the body of
water off bing, and found the name on the USGS topographic
maps. Sometimes I saw a pond that had undergone succession, and didn't
add it to OSM. Sometimes I saw a reservoir that had been drained, and
didn't add it.

Not an import, not a copyright violation. Press on, you're doing a
good job.
-russ