[Imports-us] Montgomery County MD Unauthorized (?) Import

Elliott Plack elliott.plack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:21:47 UTC 2015

Imports / Mapping DC,

It looks like a newish user has imported the majority of buildings in
Montgomery County, MD.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/alexthom/history#map=11/39.0922/-77.1479

I was in the middle of planning a Mont. Co import myself, with addresses,
which this one lacks. I don't see any list emails about this import, so I
am wondering if this was done via the proper channels. It is nice to see
the detail on the map, but there is much more information (addresses,
building types, heights) that could have been interpolated from the source
data.

The comments include "traces" but the data matched MoCo shapefiles I've
looked at, and there are houses in the "trace" where there are none in
reality (they were razed, but the data is old). Would the DWG typically
notice and investigate such a thing?

Thanks,

Elliott
--