[Imports-us] Austin, TX buildings & addresses

Andy Wilson wilson.andrew.j at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:10:32 UTC 2015

NOTE: Sorry if this message ends up being a duplicate. I tried to send this
last week, but it seems the email was placed in mailing list purgatory.

The City of Austin has recently put much of their GIS data into the public
domain. A group of volunteers from the Austin Open Source GIS Users Group
and Open Austin (local Code for America brigade) would like to pull this
data into OpenStreetMap.

Our focus right now is the set of building footprints and address point
data. We are trying to follow the Import Guidelines and have posted our
plan for review on the OSM wiki:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Austin,_TX/Buildings_Import

We are still finalizing data processing scripts and logistics /
coordination details, but I think we've nailed down the main pieces. If
anyone could spare some time to review our approach, it would be much
appreciated. Thanks!