[Imports-us] OVRDC Sidewalk Import

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Nov 15 23:59:46 UTC 2016

Malcolm,
Great project. Have you looked at the proposal to map sidewalks [1] as
stand-alone features? There is a Seattle Sidewalk Import [2] that may help
guide when creating your import plan. The Seattle Sidewalk Import is a
project to help people with limited mobility get good routing to help them
move around the city.

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Sidewalk_as_separate_way
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Seattle,_Washington/Sidewalk_Import

Best,
Clifford

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 8:43 AM, Malcolm Meyer <mmeyer at ovrdc.org> wrote:

> Please review our sidewalk import.
>
> The web map showing the proposed imports with OSM as the basemap is
> available here<https://www.ovrdc.org/apps/osm-sidewalk-project.
> html#14/39.5340/-83.4460>. If you want you can leave feedback on that map
> or reply to this email.
>
> We have not been able to get hoot up and running, so are looking at JOSM
> for the import, merging our shapefile with the OSM data. We are still
> getting familiar with JOSM, so this may take some time.
>
> There are a few areas where the existing sidewalks overlap. We will use
> existing data instead of our own for these cases.
>
> Helpful comments appreciated.
>
> Also, what are the next steps before we should move forward with the
> import?
>
> Thanks
>
> Malcolm T Meyer
> Transportation Planning Coordinator