[Imports-us] I made a big mistake

James Umbanhowar jumbanho at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 00:55:49 UTC 2019

Clifford,

You're right, I should have said more, but I was in the middle of
something and wanted to get the reversion done as quickly as possible,
as some of the data had already been used by another user.  The import
had consisted primarily unconnected points when Crystal stopped it, so
there was no real useable data that had been imported.

Crystal, I apologize for the terseness of my first email.  In addition
to what Clifford said in general about imports, you should know that
there is currently a community project to add sidewalks information to
Durham. There is a tasking manager here:
https://tasks.openstreetmap.us/project/92 which has summarized theproject to this point.

Further, there are some folks in the Triangle discussing this and other
projects at this slack channel:
https://osmus.slack.com/messages/CDW5X3RRD

James