[Imports] Bulk Upload to API import error (rails not start)

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:28:34 BST 2009

This is an issue with the dev API server and not the upload script.
The exact cause probably won't be tracked down as it's just one of
those things that happens from time to time. Usually restarting the
script (continuing from the point it stopped at) will work.

We aware that on the live server, such a delay between uploading nodes
and ways may result in the nodes being deleted by people unaware that
an import is taking place. It has occured in the past with (german
iirc) imports and can be a big problem in general.

More recent versions of bulk_upload.py will upload small diffsets
(1000) into a larger changeset (50,000), this should keep the
stability without cluttering the server as much.

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood