[Imports] ArcGIS toolbox to OSM script

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Dec 17 16:56:01 GMT 2009

Hi,

Reiser, John J. wrote:
> I’ve developed a python script for exporting from ArcGIS directly to the
> .OSM file format used by JOSM. The script is available here:
> http://users.rowan.edu/~reiser/osm/

Sounds as if you've thought of the major issues. Will your multipolygons
also share a *way* if there are e.g. two administrative boundaries that
touch each other, or will you create two ways that simply share nodes?
While the 2nd option is still better than duplicating nodes, the 1st
option is the preferred way to do it.

> The code has been released under a CC by-sa-nc license.

That sure is an unusual license for software. Both Creative Commons [0]
  and the Free Software Foundation [1] generally advise *against* using
CC-BY-* for software. Unless you have a very specific reason for this
(and are comfortable with your software not being compatible with most
other free software), you should perhaps reconsider.

[0] http://creativecommons.org/software
[1] http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/

Bye
Frederik