[Imports] [Talk-us] Import of EPA data

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 13:24:25 GMT 2009

2009/12/18 Chris Hunter <chunter952 at gmail.com>:
> I just had a look at another area of the map in my neck of the woods, and
> I'm increasingly of the opinion that this data needs to be bulk deleted
> *ASAP* before more users start trying to correct it.  I realize you've put a
> good amount of effort into trying to write a script to retro-actively fix
> the data, but with all due respect, you're wrestling a WOMBAT.

(I'm not affected by the import but will chip in anyway)

Do you see any gain from removing the nodes now and then re-importing
corrected, compared to just fixing them?  I can't see what this gets
you, it only adds mess to the history in the db.

James, when they're re-imported, can you re-use the the IDs of the
nodes that have been deleted now?  Uploading them as just new versions
of those same nodes will simply undelete them and fix the tags.

Please also skip the nodes that haven't been deleted this time
(because someone touched them) during the re-import.

Cheers