[Imports] [Talk-ca] Modifying GeoBase Ways.

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 04:52:50 GMT 2009

Hi Steve,

The reason i didnt include attribution as part of the changeset is
because .... I didnt know how. :)

i chose to put the 'attribution' tag on each point, line, area map
feature, so that way, anyone editing will immediatly see where it came
from.

I believe that that is the point of 'attribution'. (and the licence agreement)

However, because attribution can be added to the changeset, i think it
ALSO should be there (where practicle todo so)

The attribution in the form of 'cross refrencing' with tags prefixed
with the name of the source. Are not need. This does not add value to
the map. However, the human readable canvec:CODE adds value, because
all the 'like' objects in the map can be modified all at the same
time.

Hence, why the USA TIGER tags are being removed. (the ones that have
no value) the tag 'attribution' remains.

Cheers,
Sam