[Imports] telecon fail

Kate maps2wiki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 20:53:55 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Pierre-Luc Beaudoin
<pierre-luc at pierlux.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 12:40 -0700, Sam Vekemans wrote:
>> Whats IRC? Seriously, im not a ibuntu user, but a map maker :)
> Internet Relay Chat exists since forever ;) it can't get more cross
> platform.  Look for mIRC client on Windows, Colloquy on Apple and Xchat
> or pidgin on Linux.
>
> There's a #openstreetmap channel on freenode.net, but I am not sure this
> is the channel Richard refers to.
>
> Pierre-Luc

Chatzilla is a Firefox extension that serves as an IRC client.
Because Chatzilla is so easy to use, I have (recently) become a
regular on IRC.

The IRC channel is #osm and it's on irc.oftc.net  Here are some
general instructions for IRC, though instead of freenode, you would
enter "/server irc.oftc.net"

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC/Instructions

-Kate