[Imports] Massive polygons

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Oct 13 12:19:42 BST 2009

Hi,

Emilie Laffray wrote:
> Relations with a massive list of inner and outers. Ways are no longer
> than 2000.

I would then cascade these; make one relation for each stretch of
boundary, and then make these relations member of a multipolygon
relation in capacity "outer". This is basically the same what we do with
large administrative boundaries (one relation "boundary france-germany"
with lots of ways; then a relation "germany" which among its members has
the relation "boundary france-germany"). It isn't supported very well by
the renderers but I'm confident this is the way to go.

Bye
Frederik