[Imports] [Talk-ca] GeoBase and Canvec import tools

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:07:50 BST 2009

2009/9/11 Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com>

> Cool,
> i thought you were in Canada :-)
> lol
> i'll add myself tn this imports listserv.

Nope, I am not in Canada. The closest to Canada I have been was when I went
to Buffalo, Upstate NY :) I never had time to go and visit while I lived in
US (Binghamton, Upstate NY). To confuse matters even more, I am French but
living in London. I have also lived in Curacao for a year. I wouldn't mind
going to Japan next ;)

> Then i guess we can say that i am in charge of converting the SHP
> files of the CanVec dataset into .osm format, and making these files
> available for myself and others to copy over at their leisure.
>
> We can also say that i am responsable for keeping track of the ENTIRE
> Canada data import 'progress chart'. Ours happens to be VERY large, so
> the wiki charts does not have that ability. (3,000 more rows)  so we
> can see the status all at once.
> For those who dont like GoogleDocs, my job is to update the chart for them.
> For the other datasets, others are working on the conversion script
> (the most complicated being the road network)
> Note: i'll be fixing the wiki in the next couple weeks to say this.

Yup, I know ;) I have been lurking in this mailing list for quite some time
and at SOTM, Richard clearly mentioned you during his presentation!
I have been following the roadmatcher mechanism that you have been using for
some time.

> Awesome!
> Thanks everyone!
> T.E.A.M :-)