[Imports] Feature Request: search source key/value pairs

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 22:30:38 BST 2009

Hi,
I don't know if its technically possible, but it would be great if
there was a toggle switch that could include only select source
key/value pairs,
ie.  in the BS_1250009_0_Navigational_aidRULES.txt dataset, having it
that it would only create an .osm file for the 'navigational light'
source key=
CODE, value=1250020
so then the script would run through the rules.txt file and would only
look at the above, CODE/value, and place "man_made=lighthouse", as the
only feature in the .osm file and omit the rest.   (omitting the
values 1250030 and 1250010)

Sorry, I'm not sure how to submit a ticket on the redmine website yet.

If not technically possible, then maybe it's possible with an add-on
java .jar  program?

(note to imports talk list)  I really want to keep it as this simple
java program that can be used on the command line, and can
(apparently) be used in ibunto also, so then most everyone can be able
to modify the rules.txt file and add in their own SHP file.  ... as
apposed to creating the python or perl script where it requires that
extra technical knowledge to run.

--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada