[Imports] FTP space for import data files

Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 28 03:03:11 BST 2009

On some imports someone will run the conversion scripts to convert the
data to .osm and then a larger group of people will review/tweak/connect to
the existing data. Is there anywhere in the OSM infrastructure where the
dataf iles in .osm format can be stored/shared (before they are ready to be
uploaded to the API).

For example in the Canadian import I generate 'complete' .osm files that
contain all the geobase roads.  However I only bulk upload roads that
RoadMatcher thinks are unlikely to conflict with existing osm roads.
Ideally local mappers will then compare these 'complete' .osm files with the
live map (post upload) and do cleanup (add missing roads, connnect ways,
delete duplicates etc....).  I've been posting these .osm files on a free
file sharing site but it's been pointed out that one of the sites I've been
using deletes files after so many days of inactivity.  Is there a OSM hosted
place that I can upload these files to.

Steve