[Imports] [OSM Fork] OpenImportsMap - International Database Warehouse Chart

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 10:03:47 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:22 AM, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sam
> Would it be helpful if there were a column identifying the User ID/name of
> the account used to import the dataset into OSM?
>
> This might be valuable for identifying imports in the ODbL licensing chart.
> It doesn't mean much if a large import is green, but it means a lot if a
> large import is red.

Done.
  Column R has now been added with the title of 'User ID/name(s) (of
the user(s) doing the import'
For some datasets like the CanVec data.   Natural Resources Canada
prepared small .osm files (approx 10-15,000 nodes each file) for the
community to import individually  and less strain on the Servers.
And for other Canadian Datasets, its more than 1 person copying in the
data.    ... maybe i do need to make a wiki page describing the
concept of 'Bulk_implopping' :-) ... since it's perhaps the most
controversial aspect of this license change issue... yet many mouse
around it :)

However, for other databases (outside of OSM) it would be 1 user doing
the import, as in the Case of the OpenImportsMap idea.  Since this
chart was created not just for OpenStreetMap's use.

Cheers,
Sam