[Imports] ourFootPrints.de data import has started

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:35:39 GMT 2010

2010/1/11 Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <avarab at gmail.com>

> FWIW I tried just feeding the 16MB .osm file (it got a bit smaller) to
> bulk_upload.py. It reached the 50k node limit on the changeset and
> then died:
>
>    http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/2766
>
> Time to check out some of the splitting tools...

There is a sax version of the bulk_upload.py in the SVN repository. It
automatically breaks the data in different changesets. The only constraint
is that you need an unique id for each elements (nodes, ways, relations)
which may not be always the case. For example, you might have a way with an
id of -1 and a relation of -1.

Emilie Laffray