[Imports] bulk-import.py

Nakor nakor.wp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:45:06 GMT 2010

   Hello,

I was trying to upload a file (NHD data import for my area) which,
according to JOSM and a quick grep/wc analysis of the file, has 24,780
changes (17,894 new, 127 modify, 6,759 delete).

I first tried to do it with JOSM but just killed it after 4 hours of run
where JOSM just created an empty changeset.

I then tried bulk_upload.py

On the first run it failed due to some supposedly delete nodes still in
use. I check in the set and the way previously using the node is to be
modified not to use the node. I just moved the delete operations at the
end of the file to fix that issue.

On the second run it failed due to JOSM marking some new nodes with
action='modify' and the script complaining that those nodes were to be
modified but did not have a prebious version.

On the third run it failed because it reached the 50,000 limit which I
quite do not understand as there are only 14,780 changes in the file.

Any help on why it failed and how to make it succeed would be appreciated.

  Thanks,

N.