[Imports] Bulk Import of Hotels

Fri Jan 29 03:34:43 GMT 2010

At 2010-01-28 09:33, Greg Troxel wrote:
>- if a user moves a hotel point and the hotel company has a new phone
>number and verifies (perhaps programmatically) that the old phone number
>is still there, then it's fine to automatically edit it.  But it would
>be broken to overwrite the location.

[automatically]. It may be correct to correct the location manually though.
I have fixed some bad editing, sometimes seemingly caused by newbies
unfamiliar with tools, or just misinformation. Wikipedia even experiences
random vandalism, mostly appearing to be by school-age people - something
that will likely occur as OSM becomes more popular.

It's probably useful to report on imported items whose location has been
moved, and examine them manually.

OT: Am I missing something, or is it not possible to directly edit the
lat/lon of a node in JOSM? If not, can it be added - maybe to the tageditor
plugin? I sometimes have an exact GPS coordinate for something and have had
to manually edit the OSM file to make sure it's in the right place.